Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 71

Thread: What Up? (musically speaking today)

  1. #31
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just got a Cd copy of one of my all time favorite albums. Humble Pie - Rockin' The Filmore. The interplay between a young Peter Frampton & the late Steve Marriott was superb, They seemed to be having a great night when this was recorded.
    I love the 23 minute version of Walk On Gilded Splinters and The extended version of Like a Rolling Stone, I Don't Need No Doctor, Well Heck there is not a great jam on this Cd.

    The other Cd that is getting a lot of playing time is Evil Stig, I'm sure everyone is familiar with this CD. It features Joan Jett, (Who useta play in a band, The name escapes me [img]wink.gif[/img] ) singing with the Band the Gits after their lead singer was murdered several years ago.

    I would recommend both these discs [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  2. #32
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Ya know, I still haven't gotten that Evil Stig CD.
    I must see about remedying that situation!
    Cool title! "Gits Live" backward!

    I'll bet it's GRRREAT!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  3. #33
    Inactive Member megatrends's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2006
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am sure nobody here would enjoy in the least what I listen to.

    I listen to thrash metal and death metal. Whenever i mention metal others who know nothing about it automatically say "yeah I like Nine inch nails and Korn". Those are not metal.

    I also like hardcore music like sorn enemy or hatebreed.

    Heavy metal has been my thing since the late 70s and while all my friends have switched to country music or pop after listening to the same things i did then I have never changed.

    i do listen to all styles of music though so everything flies with me, classical to blues etc.

    I own thousands of records and cds.

  4. #34
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Spinning some Derek Trucks Band today. Just saw them on Conan last night (thanks for the heads up Charles) and I was very impressed watching the guy play that guitar!
    Luckily I have a 2 CD LIVE set from 10/03 to crank up the volume on today!

    After that some oldies:
    The Blues Magoos
    The Troggs


    Have a good [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] day every one!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  5. #35
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I had a nice surprise late last night! PBS was having a fund raiser so they were running some special stuff.

    I got to see about an hour of Queen with Paul Rogers and I was totally impressed. Paul made no attempt to BE Freddie Mercury. He just gave these great songs his own edge and it all worked very well!
    I HAD my doubts about this line-up. I have none now!
    The Free and Bad Company songs they did were also excellent!

    I am going to want to buy that DVD, asap!

    More later,
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  6. #36
    Inactive Member rfjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2006
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gus,
    Interesting feedback on Paul Rogers with Queen. I too have had a hard time picturing that line up. The styles of Bad Co/Free/Firm are so far off the Queen sound. I'll have to check it out cause I've always like both.

    As for what's playing in my CD player - "Messing with the Boys" by none other than our hostess. Since I found this site I had to break it out. I also just recently got the CD (burned from Vinyl)of the soundtrack to Time Square. Good grade B movie with Joan Jett sound alike Robin Johnson. The soundtrack has some great songs on it starting with Suzi Quatro and Rock Hard. If you've never heard it or seen the movie check out a song called **** Dog. Good JJett sounding song.

  7. #37
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I does seem like an unlikely pairing. Nobody could ever fill Freddie's shoes but I don't blame the band for wanting to be able to do their music.

    I love that Messing With The Boys CD and enjoy it often! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Today it's Nunn other than BERLIN!
    Love Life & 4 Play! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Have a good music day!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  8. #38
    Inactive Member rfjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2006
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gus,
    When did 4 play come out? I used to wear out "Count 3 and pray" that was my favorite Berlin album. Now I have to go get that on CD and check out 4 play. I can see that being on this board is going to cost me some money.

    If you like Berlin, I assume you liked Missing Persons as well.

    Rick

  9. #39
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hey Rick,
    4 Play came out in 2005 and it's excellent!
    They also released VOYEUR a couple years ago. It's not quite as excellent!

    This is an entirely different Berlin! Only Terri remains from the original band and they have a very different sound going!

    The original line-up reunited for VH1's Bands Reunited a couple years ago, which was really cool. Their live version of 'No More Words' is included on 4 Play as a bonus!

    Terri is something else!
    What a voice!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  10. #40
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Oh....yes I did like Missing Persons!
    Loved the hits!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic